January 19, 2010

Reader's responses

Hey all, thanks to everyone that offered suggestions on my last post =]

Amanda;  I can see how 'My Mum is on Facebook'  might be interesting for some people to write about.  In my case though, my Mum is on Facebook and she's fairly cool, so unfortunately it hasn't thrown up many comedy moments for me to write about.

Christina;  Your 'Tag! You're it!' was awesome but I live on an estate where there are just small children hanging around all day and I don't fancy being accused of being a pedophile.

Tbr; Hmmm... 5 people I would invite round to dinner... That is quite a difficult question.

1.  Frankie Boyle - Amazingly funny, sarcastic, cynical comedian.  If you aren't familiar with him I highly recommend checking him out on Youtube.  He'd throw in a few of those sharp one-liners resulting in awkward silences.  I think Me and Frankie would get on very well.

2.  Chad Ginsburg from the band cKy.  I watched the Infiltrate, Destroy, Rebuild DVD and Chad is hilarious.  He spends most of his time wasted and shouting at people, which reminds me of myself a little bit.  He would add the 'comedy drunkard' part of the evening. Plus he plays bass guitar and Moog synths which is pretty sweet.

3.  Richard Cowie (aka. Wiley).  I am a huge fan of Grime music and this guy was the founder. I'd ask him to MC, possibly with Chad playing the synth. Would be a strange, but equally awesome combination.

4.  Chris Tucker.  Basically because his voice just cracks me up.  Plus, I liked him in Jackie Brown. I think he'd be fun to have around.  You have to have the 'Token Black Guy'.

5. Kate Beckinsale.  Eye candy, pure and simple.  She's English too, which is a plus.

Now, I know the conversation at this dinner party would be rather low-brow, but that's the way I like it really.  I know a lot of people would include the likes of Einstein or Martin Luther King but to be totally honest, how much fun would you have chatting to those guys all night?

So how about you guys?  Who would you invite over for dinner?


@In My world I ROCK!  I will definitely try the googling blog topics option, probably for my next post.

Chatch you later. x

4 comments:

  1. I would invite John Lovitz, I like to laugh. Chris Tucker can be John Lovitz plus 1.
    Gerard Butler for the eye candy portion.
    Actually, with Gerard Butler there I don't think I would really care who the other 4 people are...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stupid kids. They fuck everything up. :(

    Let's see, I'd invite Mike Tyson, Tim Burton, Fran Kranz, Paris Hilton, and Jesus.

    Mike Tyson, because, well, he cracks me up.

    Tim Burton because everyone needs a little weirdness at the table.

    Fran Kranz because, well... I'm not going to get into that discussion.

    Paris Hilton so that afterwards I can kill her, I mean, uh... play video games. Yeah. That's totally what we'd do.

    Ooh. And Jesus, because the guy parties HARD! He turned water into wine. I mean, he'd totally be able to supply us with all the booze and all the food we want. Huzzah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would totally invite Jen Lancaster because I think we'd be besties and make fun of every other loser at every other table.

    Then I'd invite the idiot who wrote The Story of Edgar Sawtelle for the sole purpose of explaining how badly his book sucked and how angry I am about it.

    And obviously Robert Pattinson for dessert. If I make it that far. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree Kate Beckinsale is gorgeous!

    Who would I invite? Umm....

    1)Edgar Allen Poe (For some weirdness.)

    2)Jane Austen (For the pure joy of meeting my favorite author and having the opportunity to pick her brain.)

    3)Mark Twain (For some wit.)

    4)Da Vinci (I just think it'd be cool to meet the dude.)

    5)Charlotte Bronte (For some drama, she never did like Austen.)

    ReplyDelete